At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Intermediate Architectural Technologist
At Great Gulf, we do more than just build – we grow, enliven, nurture, unite and transform. We care about the contribution we make, both to our customers and their communities. We seek to improve the way people live and work, through innovative design, intelligent construction, and an intense commitment to the wellbeing of our customers, partners and employees.
We are looking for an Intermediate Architectural Technologist who will be working on all aspects of our projects from concept though production drawings and beyond.
- Contribute to the coordination and preparation of complete working drawings for pricing and building permit submission.
- Interpret and implement Zoning By-laws along with other applicable regulations with an excellent working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Validate that designs and deliverables confirm to company and client standards, the Ontario Building Code requirements, and other applicable regulations.
- Produce rendered visualization material, including plans and elevations, when required.
- Work collaboratively with multi-discipline team members, clients and consultants.
- Attend project team meetings.
- Visit job sites to gather essential data for the design and implementation of projects when required.
- Strong building computer modeling in Revit
- BIM file management and maintenance, use of BIM standards and metrics
- Preparation of schematic and concept design packages in 3D
- Coordination of construction documents in Revit with all consultants and maintenance through project closeout
- Work with and mentor other junior team members
- Thorough knowledge of wood construction systems and detailing required to create highest quality design and construction documents, including 3D renderings
- Experience in tools like Sketchup, VRay, Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3DS Max and other related software is considered an asset
- Articulate, passionate and persuasive communicator able to convey Design Technology concepts to other team members and consultants
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven track record as a problem solver
- Effective time and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Technologist, revit and BIM of at least 5 years
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below